Hubbard Radio Washington DC, LLC. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.
Hosted by David Nellis.
On today’s show:
· Stephanie Coppula, director of marketing with the Bethesda Urban Partnership, joins us with news about another action- and food-packed Bethesda Restaurant Week – starting this Thursday, Feb. 16 and running through Feb. 26. Chi-KO, World of Beer and dozens more of Bethesda’s best are in the mix;
· Renato Spanu, winemaker, Vini Jankara in Gallura, Sardinia. Thanks to our friend, Gary Diamond of Empson USA – the people responsible for putting many of the fine wines on your menus and in your favorite wine stores across Greater D.C. Renato joins us live online with tales of Jankara and Gary is in studio to pour some of Jankara’s very best, all made from our new, favorite grapes – Vermentino and Cannonau;
· Look up the term “successful woman entrepreneur” and you’re likely to see a photo of Hollis Wells Silverman. In 2021 Hollis introduced three new concepts to Capitol Hill all under one big roof: The Duck & The Peach, La Collina and The Wells. All are hugely successful, which shouldn’t be a surprise, since Hollis, a graduate of Cornell’s School of Hotel Administration, has a background in taking restaurant organizations to the moon, most notably as chief of operations for José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup.
· Food and hospitality business counselor Chef Carolina Gomez joins us with details about a new web portal from The District of Columbia Small Business Development Center and the Aspen Institute
designed to help small food entrepreneurs plan, launch, and grow successful small businesses. Carolina herself has plenty of entrepreneurial cred as evidenced by her 2022 selection as Young Hispanic Entrepreneur of the Year by The Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
· How delicious is the Olivia Macaron? I’m pretty sure that anyone who’s ever strolled through Georgetown Park knows the answer is VERY! How interesting is the story of its development and explosive popularity? Also VERY! Ana Claudia Lopez is the innovator and business entrepreneur behind it all, and she joins us to share her story.