Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. COULD AFGHANISTAN BE NEXT AFTER SYRIA PULLOUT?
The abruptness with which President Trump turned the page on Syria raises questions about whether combat partners like Iraq and Afghanistan should feel confident that he will not pull the plug on them, too.
2. WHY TRUMP IS ON VERGE OF GIVING UP BEST CHANCE FOR WALL FUNDING
President Donald Trump appears likely to give up his last, best chance to secure money from Congress for the “beautiful” wall he’s long promised to construct, as he backs away from his threat to partially shut down the government on Friday.
3. NO NUKES FOR PYONGYANG IN DOUBT
North Korea bluntly states it won’t unilaterally give up its nuclear weapons unless the United States removes its nuclear threat first.
4. THE MISSING: DEADLIEST LOSS OF MIGRANTS AT SEA
Investigation to name migrants killed in 2015 shipwreck yields clues to an even greater tragedy, the AP finds.
5. IRAN’S PERSIAN RUG-MAKERS SUFFER AS US UNRAVELS NUCLEAR DEAL