Copyright 2019 Hubbard Radio Washington DC, LLC. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.
1. Who was the first Irish golfer to win the British Open?
a.) Padraig Harrington
b.) Des Smyth
c.) Fred Daly
2. Tom Watson won the British Open on four links courses in Scotland. On which course did he not win?
Insight by Infor: Defense experts from the Army and National Guard Bureau address joint readiness restoration challenges in this free webinar.
b.) St. Andrews
c.) Royal Troon
3. Where was the first British Open that was not in Scotland or England?
a.) Royal Porthcawl
b.) Royal Portrush
Get your daily dose of Mike Causey's Federal Report delivered to your inbox. Subscribe now.
4. Who is the only player to twice post all four rounds in the 60s without winning?
a.) Greg Norman
b.) Jack Nicklaus
c.) Ernie Els
5. Who is the only player to shoot 63 in the final round and win the British Open?
a.) Johnny Miller
b.) Henrik Stenson
c.) Phil Mickelson
6. Who was the last player to win the British Open in his first appearance?
a.) Ben Curtis
b.) Tom Watson
c.) John Daly
7. What trophy was awarded at the first British Open?
a.) Claret jug
b.) Championship belt
c.) Silver sword
8. Who holds the record for largest margin of victory in the British Open?
a.) Tiger Woods
b.) Old Tom Morris
c.) Louis Oosthuizen
9. Which player overcame a 10-shot deficit in the final round to win the British Open?
a.) Arnold Palmer
b.) Henry Cotton
c.) Paul Lawrie
10. In the last 50 years, Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and one other player have gone wire-to-wire in the British Open with no ties. Name him.
a.) Tom Weiskopf
b.) Tom Lehman
c.) Tom Watson
11. At which British Open links did Sam Snead arrive by rail and think it was an abandoned course?
c.) St. Andrews
12. Who has the lowest 18-hole score in British Open history?
a.) Rory McIlroy
b.) Branden Grace
c.) Jodie Mudd
13. Who won the first British Open playoff that featured a four-hole aggregate?
a.) Mark Calcavecchia
b.) Sandy Lyle
c.) Gary Player
14. Two of the 12 players with three legs of the Grand Slam never won the British Open. One was Raymond Floyd. Who was the other?
a.) Sam Snead
b.) Walter Hagen
c.) Byron Nelson
15. Who has won the British Open the most times?
a.) Tom Watson
b.) Harry Vardon
c.) Walter Hagen
16. Name the first player to win the U.S. Open and the British Open in the same year.
a.) Lee Trevino
b.) Bobby Jones
c.) Gene Sarazen
17. The first British Open champion from overseas came from which country?
b.) United States
18. Tiger Woods hit driver and 5-iron on the 352-yard ninth hole at St. Andrews during a practice round in 2000. What were the circumstances?
a.) He was playing into a 45 mph wind.
b.) He was using Phil Mickelson’s clubs.
c.) He was using a gutta percha golf ball.
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.