David Sonenshine: How veterans can get a discharge upgrade

When certain veterans talk about bad paper, they’re not talking about the Washington Post or its competitors. They mean their less-than-honorable discharge papers from military service. Bad paper means they can’t get help from the Veterans Affairs Department. Now a law firm is helping such veterans with obtaining a discharge upgrade. David Sonenshine, senior staff attorney with the National Veterans Legal Services Program, tells Federal Drive with Tom Temin why bad paper is sometimes badly issued.

Subscribe to Federal Drive’s daily audio interviews on iTunes or PodcastOne.