Copyright 2019 Hubbard Radio Washington DC, LLC. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.
CONROE, Texas (AP) — Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a reptile-filled home that caught fire over the weekend.
Authorities say a Christmas tree may have sparked the blaze Saturday near Conroe, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) north of Houston. The snakes included pythons and boa constrictors.
Authorities say that when firefighters arrived, they discovered a second-floor bedroom full of snakes and lizards.
Firefighters from Caney Creek and other responders carefully brought the snakes outside to safety, though authorities say “a couple” lizards died in the fire.
Insight by the Trezza Media Group: Technology experts share secure cloud computing strategies in this free webinar.
Houston TV station KTRK reports that the homeowners weren’t at the house at the time of the fire.
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.